Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Magic Mettle

Yesterday, I went to the Spring Gala for the Pediatric Cancer Research Fund.

Per usual, I rushed home after work in order to act like a maniac for the thirty minutes while getting ready. Somewhere between trying to land a fake eyelash perfectly on my quivering eyelid and hobbling around on one foot as I was trying to stick 'no-slip' pads on the bottom of my heels so I wouldn't triple axel at the Ice Capades of MoMA's worn wood floors, I realized just how cool PCRF is.

PCRF is the surest investment anyone could make in cancer research because you are investing in scientific research supported by the emotional purity of a child. You are investing in a being that has this incredibly innocent view of life and what to expect of it. The will to live, the love of life, the innocence of infinite possibility turn science into magic. PCRF asks people to donate to the mix of magic and science.

You are investing in the child that I was with the proof of the woman I am growing to be. You're investing in the child that rolled cancer off her back like water off a duck and grew to run around her apartment with heels and fake eyelashes... like. any. other. woman.

Because of scientific research and the innocence of a child, I don't believe in the terror of cancer.
www.pcrf-kids.org






omg. I have one leg.




Location:MoMA

No comments:

Post a Comment